26 February 2010

Readings!

One other thing that is absolutely cool about life in Mongolia is all the reading! The amount of books I've read --of my own choosing, of my own will-- in the last month has been more than those I read in the space of a year since I was in high school. Here's what I've read:

"One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
-The writing in this book is, of course, absolutely amazing. The story was epic.

"Invictus" by John Carlin
-A really fascinating book about South Africa in the '90s, Nelson Mandela, their rugby obsessions, and their fight against apartheid. Inspiring what a difference Mandela made

"Gunslinger" by Stephen King
-A really really awesome science fiction book (Jose's fav... studying up on the boyfriend :-P). Looking forward to Jose sending me the second book in the series (The Dark Tower series).

"Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut
-Amazingly powerful book. I must read more of his books!

1 comment:

  1. Cat's cradle is another good Vonnegut book (as well as God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian). Yay for reading!

    ReplyDelete