14 June 2010

Bayerteh Mini Mongol!

The day has come at last... I'm about a month behind on my blog, but I'll have fun catching up once I'm home.

Tomorrow, my dear friend Jizo will drive me to the airport in Ulaanbaatar, and I will say "bayerteh" to Mongolia. My flight goes from UB to Beijing to Seoul to NYC to Burlington, VT. I'll be home in the evening on June 16.

Yesterday I spent with Jizo, witnessing a shaman ceremony. His older brother is a shaman, and came to visit the family because one of the aunts is sick. It was fascinating to see, I'll write more about it later. We had dinner at Jizo's grandmother's home, a meal of sheep innards... including the tube that leads to the butthole? Hmmmm it was tasty? :-P Today has been spent in goodbyes and preparations. Tonight I'll have dinner with Brigitte and Madeleine (explain later) and Jizo and Hiroshi (also explain later).

Headed home!

1 comment:

  1. Mongolia Talent Network offers huge range of job opportunities in Mongolia. Apply for a wide range of Jobs and start your Top Job Search!
    Mongolia Job Vacancy

    ReplyDelete